The State Registered Nurse Aide Program at Eastern Kentucky University is a Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services approved program. The curriculum covers 59 hours of classroom instruction with an additional 16 hours of clinical practice. During EKU’s Fall semester, we offer a nine-week evening program beginning in September. Our Spring semester evening training begins in March. Evening program classes are held on Tuesday and Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. During our Summer session, the SRNA training will begin in July and can be completed in a four-week day program. Our day program classes are held Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Act fast, our Summer 2019 classes will be July 8.
- Class is limited to 15 students on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tuition— $600 (must be paid at orientation)
- Program Benefits: simple application process: no ACT required, ages 16 and up are eligible: High School students can enroll; local instructor, Tammy Jones, has twenty five plus years of nurse aide training experience; local jobs are available!
After you successfully complete the training program and pass the State exam, your skills will always be in demand. As a State Registered Nurse Aide, you will be an important part of today’s health care system. Your responsibilities will include giving basic nursing and personal care to patients and/or residents. Nursing assistants can work in a variety of settings including hospitals, assisted living facilities long-term care facilities, and home health care agencies.
EKU Manchester SRNA INFO SESSIONS:
- Monday, May 13, 12 noon
- Tuesday, May 21, 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 29, 12 noon
- Thursday, June 6, 3:00 pm
- Friday, June 14, 9:00 am
Click here for more information on SRNA at EKU Manchester and complete the information below to start the registration process.